To eat, I’ve never been sure…I do sort of like fish but…I generally like the sauces, the mayonnaise, fish that is disguised as something else - like the skate in peppercorns with hollandaise - and the virtuous feeling that I’ve eaten something healthy more than I like the actual taste of the fish.
I do wonder how many other unsophisticated people there are that feel just the same as me. After all don’t people eat fish on Fridays as a penance or a sacrifice?! And the most popular fish? tuna and salmon – the least fishy fish of all, the ones that don’t really count as fish, the ones that in fact taste like meat and of course the battered cod from the local chippy – yes, the fish that has no smell or taste, save for the fatty batter.
So for now, here are the ingredients:
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tilapia fillets
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Whisk Parmesan cheese, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish.
- Coat tilapia fillets with olive oil and press into the Parmesan cheese mixture. Arrange coated fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes.